Sunday, December 22, 2013

Home

If you look at my house from the outside, it is pink
with nice big windows
and a nice big tree out in front.


But the foundation is slightly off,
there are cracks in the walls.
If you look close enough
you can see it under all of that
pretty grey paint.


The living rooms are open
with the kitchen connecting.
So open that every sound and 

every movement echoes.
Sometimes I can't tell if my mom
is yelling or not.


Most of the stuff from my room is
packed away into boxes like the memories
that came along with them.
But if you look close enough
you can see

The time you slept over and
the time we made a fort.
The first time we made love
and the first time you broke my heart.

No matter how many times
I change my sheets
I paint my walls
I rearrange my furniture
it's still there like the
broken foundation under my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment