Saturday, December 28, 2013

pains

there's a soreness in my right forearm
like after having a bad charlie's horse

i can't do anything about it
it's more annoying than painful

i looked at the scale the other morning
and started crying
because i lost 10 pounds
from being so sad

i can't steal clothes anymore
because nothing appeals to me
i can barely dress myself some mornings

i don't think i'm bleeding anymore
sometimes i'm too scared to check
sometimes i'll hold it
so i don't have to know

this morning i woke up
and i didn't know how old i was
or what year it was again

strange but pleasant things have been happening
since i actively tried to stop talking to you
and you texted me today to check on me
maybe because you care or something
it was more annoying than painful

No comments:

Post a Comment